- Write about what comes naturally and you’re passionate about.
- Use each form of social media differently to promote your blog.
- Write good headlines, peak interest without disclosing too much.
- Makes lists using numbers and/or bullet points.
- Write 300-600 words in your post.
- Add photos, gif’s, videos, and thumbnails to add interest.
- Having a variety of distribution channels is important.
- Use influencers and amplified marketing to get increased readership.
- Be relentless in your search for new publication sources.
- Have fun and remember why you started blogging in the first place!
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted and it isn’t that I have been off doing other things but instead I’ve been nursing a vicious cold for the past 2 weeks with a fever, cough, and a few allergy reactions to the prescription cough medicine. But that is now almost over with so I’m back to working at my laptop doing some… YouTube Exploring Today I finally started working on my internet marketing and on posting a new blog. I was “researching” LinkedIn marketing on YouTube tonight and after going down multiple rabbit holes thought that I would veer off for a look-see at what had recently been posted on blogging tips. Pay Dirt I found a very interesting, valuable, and short video put out by Complex News (who I’ve never heard of before but here’s their youtube channel). The tips are clear, to the point, and he gets through all 10 tips in 4 minutes and 11 seconds. The background music that goes in and out doesn’t do much for me except create a distraction but I do like his presence. The Tips What I found of particular value for me was the info about how to publicize your blog on the different social media sites – Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, etc. – and how to use a different strategy for each. Wow, what good advice, really, I would never have known to do that, obviously showing my newbie-ness at blogging. Here are his 10 tips but you’ll need to watch the video below to get the details.
Share on Facebook Tweet (Share on Twitter) Share on Linkedin Share on Google+ Pin it (Share on Pinterest)